Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Wednesday, 11 April 2018
  0 Replies
  3.6K Visits
Votes
Undo
Hey ho,

I've got a problem by progmming a generator for job references.
What I did up to now:
1. I programmed the UserForm in Excel and there are no problems saving the data in the right way in the columbs.
2. I generated a Word-Template with the different mergefields, e.g. "gender", "prename" or "last name" etc.
3. I created the template in this way, that the syntax in MS Word would know, which tense of time it is needed if you choos e.g. type of job reference "leaving certificate" (if the employee leaves the frim "he >was< a good employee") or alternatively "interim report" (if the employee is still in the frim and need the reference e.g. for an apartment application "he >is< a good employee")
4. a button for opening the right template is also already created

PROBLEM 1
My major problem is: I don't have any idea, how i can link the data in Excel with the mergefields in Word.
--> I need a solution, where Word knows, e.g. that the value of the {Mergefield prename} is the value of (and thats also important for me) the last row in the columb "B"

PROBLEM 2
My minor problem but for my boss also important: in a typical job reference you give information about how e.g. the expert knowledgeof the former employee was. A requirement of my boss was, that there should be two different varieties. So I created for each skill one combobox for the "Grade" of this specific skill and one combobox for the "Version" of the grade. Each grade (from 1 to 3) has zwo different versions. These information are stored in the Excel Sheet in one cell (in this case in columb 13 of the last row) by combining them with the codes:
If KomboboxExpKnowledgeGrade.Value = "Grade 1" And KomboboxExpKnowledgeVersion.Value = "Version 1" Then ActiveSheet.Cells(last, 13).Value = "11"
If KomboboxExpKnowledgeGrade.Value = "Grade 1" And KomboboxExpKnowledgeVersion.Value = "Version 2" Then ActiveSheet.Cells(last, 13).Value = "12"
If KomboboxExpKnowledgeGrade.Value = "Grade 2" And KomboboxExpKnowledgeVersion.Value = "Version 1" Then ActiveSheet.Cells(last, 13).Value = "21"
If KomboboxExpKnowledgeGrade.Value = "Grade 2" And KomboboxExpKnowledgeVersion.Value = "Version 2" Then ActiveSheet.Cells(last, 13).Value = "22"
If KomboboxExpKnowledgeGrade.Value = "Grade 3" And KomboboxExpKnowledgeVersion.Value = "Version 1" Then ActiveSheet.Cells(last, 13).Value = "31"
If KomboboxExpKnowledgeGrade.Value = "Grade 3" And KomboboxExpKnowledgeVersion.Value = "Version 2" Then ActiveSheet.Cells(last, 13).Value = "32"

The problem is that you don't know, what values are behind the numbers of grades (1 to 3) in combination with the values (1 and 2). E.g.
Grade 1 and Version 1 in combination is: "Mr. Bean has an extremely outstanding and also in peripheral areas very deep expertise, which he has always brought to our company in a highly profitable manner."
Grade 3 and Version 2 in combination is: "Mr. Bean has a good expertise in her field, which she used to solve her tasks."
The combination are - as already written - stored in the caliber (for the first example) "11" in the cell "M1" (so it is the 13th columb in the first available row. My Word Document now knows, If {Mergefield ExpKnowledge} = "11" than create the text written oboe in the

--> in this context a requirement of my boss was, that there should be a preview of the text (consist of the combination of e.g. Grade 1 and Version 1) in this moment when you have choosen both parts of the Skill. So if you choose Grade 1 and Version 1, there should be the preview in a separate textbox (in my case textbox1) at these moment when you choose the combo boxes in the userform. Is there any possibility?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my very bad english (greetings from Germany :D)
Zeile94
There are no replies made for this post yet.