Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Monday, 08 January 2018
  11 Replies
  4.7K Visits
Votes
Undo
I had Kutools on my old laptop and it was working fine.
Got a new laptop and installed, and it was working fine.
About a week ago, it stopped working and I couldn't find any reason why...so I uninstalled it and downloaded it to reinstall.
When I try to run the reinstall now, I get a Runtime Error:

Runtime Error: (at -10):

Cannot import
dll:<utf8>: C:/Users/directory/AppData/Local/Temp/is-108GB.tmp\KTEMain32.dll

OK

Appears that there is some kind of file access issue once the install is downloaded. Any ideas why it can't download and be run from a local directory much appreciated.
runtime-error.jpg
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Sorry for this issue.
1. Please try to disable your antivirus software, and then go to uninstall the Kutools for Excel from the Control Panel.
2. Go to download and reinstall the software from our website.
3. If the problem persists, please try to install the MSI package.
4. If the problem persists, please try to delete all files under c:\users\asheehan\appdata\local\temp\.
5. Please contact me via
Thanks in advance.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Jay - I am having the same issue with reinstalling. I tried the steps you list above, but I still get the same Runtime Error. Also tried reinstalling Visual C++ based on some other solutions to this type of error.

Any help? My company is looking at purchasing more licenses, but this is holding us up in the process.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Do you mean you see the runtime error in the Excel add-ins manager?
If yes, please try to install the software with the EXE installation package.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I used your exe from your web site and it won't reinstall. Also tried the MSI package, same result.

I find it hard to think I am the only one, especially since I see another person saying they have the same issue. I think you have either got:

1. A bad exe on your downloads page - entirely possible. Is this a new version? If so, I think it may be packaged wrong.
OR
2. A bug on Windows 10.

If you look at the error below (screenshot), it is generated when the download completes and the exe starts the install. It comes up immediately after the box showing language options, which I left at the default of English. The error 'says' Cannot Import... it looks like it is trying to use a path to which it doesn't have access? If you could tell me what it is trying to do at this stage, perhaps I could troubleshoot it myself.
I uninstalled the product from the Windows Uninstall Programs in Control Panel when it stopped working. one day, for no reason I could see, it just stopped working. I couldn't find any reason, nor could I find any advise on forums, so I uninstalled. The software came off with no errors, no problems.
When I tried to reinstall however, the error below began. I can't get past it at all.
I removed the registry keys left behind after the uninstall (the uninstall is not clean) and rebooted. No difference - same error when I try to install.
If you can't fix this, I certainly won't recommend this software to others in my company. This has been going on over a week and I am a legitimate license holder. It appears that there is no support for your software after we paid for the license, which is unacceptable. You have a bug, I need a work around or a refund of the purchase price for the license.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
We are looking at this issue and try to fix it soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yes, I mean the runtime error. I have tried both the MSI package as well as the EXE. I also tried your steps:

"1. Please try to disable your antivirus software, and then go to uninstall the Kutools for Excel from the Control Panel.
2. Go to download and reinstall the software from our website.
3. If the problem persists, please try to install the MSI package.
4. If the problem persists, please try to delete all files under c:\users\asheehan\appdata\local\temp\.
5. Please contact me via "

We have purchased licenses, but cannot even get the software to install. You have said that you all are looking into the issue, so please let us know what we can try to get this resolved.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Sorry for all the inconvenience.

Please try these steps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/runtime-error-10-when-i-try-to-install-assasins/1324bdaa-af4e-411f-a154-2fd90121a1dc?auth=1

We are working on the new version to fix it now. It may be caused by the Windows update.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello Jay,

Has there been any update to the version to try to fix this issue? I attempted the steps listed in your link, and even wound up reinstalling Windows on one machine trying to get it to work. I still get the Runtime error when I run the .EXE from your website, and a "Failed to register" when I run the .MSI.

It has been almost 3 weeks since you were "working on a new version to fix this". Is there a solution to this issue other than using old installers?
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,

I've been using version 12.5 for some time now and we have tried to update to version 16.5. When I try to use 16.5 Excel shuts down and I receive an intruder error. Is there a fix?

Please advise,
Caron
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Please try to contact me via with your order information.
Thanks.
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Just purchased and Kutools For Excel is not working in Outlook (Office Home and Business 2016) for me. Any solution yet? I just did a fresh install on two new computers with the latest version...
https://i.imgur.com/4EPsVwD.png
https://i.imgur.com/3b0M4ng.png
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.